Full program description
The Leadership and Strategy for Young Managers is a public course in management and is designed as perspective-changing rather than skills-building as it provides platform for new managers as they face ever-increasing responsibilities. It is also useful for seasoned executives who would like to better understand the challenges faced by their younger management echelon; or for human resource teams who would like to provide organizational cultures that place primary importance on the development of people.
This 2-day course will review the basic components of leadership. Specifically, you will be able to:
- understand the difference between doing things, and doing things through people. This understanding involves a deeper-than-conventional knowledge about what is a human person, what are the basic motives that drive their behaviour, and how we can influence those motives.
- know the correct and incorrect uses of power and influence, and learn how to create trusting interpersonal relationships (especially with subordinates)
- learn how different leadership styles affect these relationships. Learning how the organizational structure influences individual and group behaviour, and how to make decisions in the political and cultural context of a group and of a company.
- appreciate the impact of economics on business activities and strategies through the use of illustrative cases and the elements that drive competitive strategy.
- Introduction to Leadership
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Trust in Organizations
- Interpersonal Communication
- Managing Teams
- Industry Analysis and Competitive Strategy
- Business Environment and the Firm
- Analyzing and Understanding Strategy
Duration- 2 Days
For more details, please contact