Full course description
ENROLLMENT IS ON-GOING
To ENROLL and PAY, please click here.
Data Governance is a core component of an overall data management strategy. As data (structured, semi-structured, unstructured) grows 10x every 2-3 yrs, there is more data than people think. And having more data, there are more ways to analyze data than ever before. Thus, big data needs to be better data which makes Data Governance critical from being just an “Optional” to Mandatory.
This certification is designed for data related professionals to have a full grasp of how the "lifecycle of data" is managed and governed effectively and efficiently in enabling the organization to organize, enable/democratize its data consumption to drive activities in an acceptable manner to make informed decisions, create value, resolve conflicts and manage risks.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Identify critical functions and challenges in implementing Data Governance
- Demonstrate understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the key players in data governance
- Discuss how to come up with a Data Governance framework as reference in implementing Data Governance in an organization
- Be able to explain the Data Asset Lifecycle management and how to manage and govern it.
- Demonstrate common data governance initiatives and tools focusing on Metadata, Data Quality and Master Data Management.
- Review/make sense of the business and technology trends that drive the requirement for data governance towards discovering the best ways to plan, implement, and run a data governance program.
- Discuss how Data Governance adds business value to the organization via data monetization
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Governance
- Data Governance Fundamentals
- Data Governance Framework and its Operating Model
- Data Lifecycle Management
- Module 2: Data Governance in Action
- Data Governance Strategy and Roadmap
- Common Data Governance Initiatives and its Best Practices
- Establishing Data Governance in Data Driven Organization
Certificate of Attendance will be given to the participants upon completion of the program with end-of-module assessment grade/rating which can be credited as an equivalent 2-unit Elective course in MABA. This is in case of the participants who will apply for admission to the program in SY 2023-2024.
- Data Owner
- Business and Technical Data Steward
- Data/Business Analyst/Data Scientist
- Data Governance Specialist/Professionals/Manager
- Data Quality and Master Data Analyst
- Data Custodian
- Data Privacy Officer
- Information Systems (IS)/ Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Professionals
- Mr. Melecio Valerio
- Data Governance and Analytics Leader, specializing in Data Governance Strategy, Solution Design and Architecture and Business Intelligence platforms
- Master in Information Major in Database Administration, Polytechnic University of the Philippines - Sta. Mesa Manila
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Polytechnic University of the Philippines - Sta. Mesa Manila
- Dr. Ruel Maningas
- Professor, International Consultant, Strategist, Professional Speaker, Capability Building Specialist, and Program Director of the Master in Applied Business Analytics Program (MABA)
- PhD Major in Extension Education and Minor in Computer Science, University of the Philippines - Los Baños
- Bachelor of Arts Major in Economics, Colegio de San Juan de Letran - Calamba
- Guest Lecturer: Mr. Addison Pelayo
- Head of Data Analytics Team of a FinTech Company
- With 13 years of work experience in leading the development and operationalization of analytics projects across different industries such as Banking, Insurance, Telco, Retail and FinTech.
- Master’s Degree in Business Analytics and Big Data, IE Business School, Spain
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics, University of the Philippines Diliman
Blended (Live Online via Zoom and On-site)
Module 1: February 11 (On-site), 18 (Live Online), and March 4 (Live Online), 2023 at 9:00am to 12:00nn and 1:30 to 4:30pm
Module 2: March 11 (Live Online),18 (Live Online), and 25 (On-site), 2023 at 9:00am to 12:00nn and 1:30 to 4:30pm
January 30, 2023
For more details, please contact
Dr. Ruel V. Maningas
Ms. Maye Galindes